Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Ladies Who Lunch

This is a running joke in my household. The husband has a false impression that I run around shopping every day -- only stopping to lunch with girlfriends or my mother. Nothing could be further from the truth. I rarely shop. My typical lunch is leftovers from whatever we had for dinner the night before, eaten at the kitchen table while I go through the mail. If I go really crazy, I might grab a to-go sandwich from the deli next to my dry cleaners.

Yesterday was an exception. My mother and I had lunch in honor of her birthday. We went super crazy. Instead of champagne and caviar, we each had a salad and a slice of pizza. (And I kept the leftovers for my dinner.) We skipped champagne and each had a soda. We are party animals.

I have been accused of being "out to lunch" and occasionally that is true. I'm more likely to be in for lunch.

1 comment:

janis said...

Left-overs at your house are yummy! My favorite lunch w/ you is sitting at the kitchen table w/ crackers & cheese spread. Oh & for brunch~ salted toast w/ butter!