Sunday, July 6, 2008

Second Opinions

Anger is not a bad thing. Sometimes it spurs you into action.

You know, anger is an alternate of scared. It's the same emotion, just spun in a different direction.

My doctor (saint-in-training) welcomes second opinions. He often refers us to someone else with additional expertise in a particular area. Depending what ailment was plaguing the oldies, he would make sure we saw the right person.

My computer guy welcomes another opinion. Houseboy does not get offended if I call in someone else for a tree problem. When Dr. Gwen was my minister, she often encouraged me to talk to another minister for guidance.

People who are secure do not get offended when someone requests a second opinion. If my attorney didn't feel comfortable with a second opinion, I'd get mighty suspicious.

I'm pushy and often overstep my boundaries. If I love you, you need to accept this about me. I'm forcing someone I love to get a second opinion. When I hear, "Well, I don't want to offend Dr. So and So...." I want to scream.

Instead, I make the appointment anyway. They can get mad at me later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see, what's more important, staying alive or social etiquette? I go for as many opinions as it takes. You do what you need to girlfriend....

cecily crossman said...

I agree. I hope that, if or when I become seriously ill, I'll still have the strength to be in charge of my health.

janis said...

Luckily for you, when you ask my advice for something you don't need a second opinion :)

Anonymous said...

I agree w/Janis...BUT if she is ever wrong, you can always call me. Remember they say opinions are like a---h---s, everybody has one and they all stink.