Monday, July 7, 2008

Marital Strife

The Belle told me that the sex organs are the last ones to go. I tried to wipe that image out of my head.

On the "Today Show" the other morning, they featured two couples. Both had written books and both had to do with their sex lives. One couple chronicled their experiment to recommit to their sex life over 101 days. The other couple vowed to have sex every day for 30 days. Maybe you have to understand my sense of humor but I found this intriguing and hysterically funny.

Marital issues usually come down to:
Money
Children
Exes, if you have them
Parents
Household chores
Sex

We don't fight about household chores. I do as many as I can stand. My dad pitches in with projects. Houseboy does the bulk of it. I've never mowed a lawn in my life and I plan to keep it that way. I'm pretty good at weed pulling.

We don't fight about sex either. We prefer to annihilate each other over more mundane things.

Then, it's the middle of the night and your legs are intertwined. Or, you decide to clean your wedding ring and you read the inscription inside for the millionth time. Or, you dance on the patio and fight about who gets to lead.

Or, you go to a wedding and hold hands and then say quietly to each other, (like you're speaking to the bride and groom,) "Don't do it!" This cracks us up.

Forget that list above. I'm convinced a sense of humor will see you through.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have an agreement-if one of us dies during sex, we will not call 911 until we get the dead person dressed. Living in a small town, the last thing I want people to remember us by is that one of us killed the other with sex. Having a yard full of little trucks,filled w/ 1st responders announcing over their CB radios,"yea, I did not know preachers had sex"

Sandy said...

What????? You mean preachers really do have sex?

This gave me a really good laugh for the day. Anonymous should write her own column. She is a riot. I hope to meet her some day.

Anonymous said...

I feel sorry for people who do not have a sense of humor. At least, one like mine. Very irreverant. Patsy