Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Not the Man Purse!

The husband is quite global, unlike me. He can fit in on either coast or overseas. I would be the one with my tongue clamped between my teeth. He has a man bag which I love to refer to as his purse. I like to announce very loudly, "Don't forget your purse!"

We're experiencing a rash of break-ins at our club. My friend and several others had this happen on the 4th of July. Today was our turn. Three people had their windows shattered and possessions taken. Big Daddy is one of them and he is not amused.

Our home phone is still out due to the latest storms but I try to keep my cell phone with me. I forgot to take it with me while I showered. Big Daddy is not amused.

Date night turned into phone calls -- we've cancelled things and notified our banker. We've talked to the insurance company. His passport was in there so now we need to tend to that. We know they have our address so we will be diligent about setting the alarm.

Lots of the oldies paperwork was there too. You go thief! Have a good time with that.

We are missing nothing that can't be found, copied or recreated. Yes, it's a hassle. But, I'm a little giddy that the man bag went away.

1 comment:

janis said...

I am sorry for Dan's loss, but glad everything will be replaceable.
I hate Man Purses. Emily dated a guy with one & it was just queer.