Friday, April 4, 2008

Clean and Pristine

I finally got the carpets cleaned and they look marginally better. Some stains refuse to budge. We're in the midst of rain and mud season so I can't get too anxious about it.

One of my daily chores is to vacuum or take the sticky roller to the dog hair on the inside of my car. It's a simple task that saves me from a prickly conversation with the husband.

Some people manage to keep their homes and cars in show-quality condition. I'm always envious of those people until they start endorsing rules like no shoes in the house or they have plastic covering all the furniture. I am not comfortable in my socks or bare feet with my skin adhered to the plastic. I want people to feel warm and comfortable in this house. We have very few rules.

Now that we've lost the oldies, my house will never be the same. She could devote several hours to cleaning out the refrigerator and scrubbing the range. This rarely makes my to-do list.

One of my friends makes everyone feel welcome in her home. She has very few rules. But she can't go to bed until everything is pristine.

I would never sleep again.

2 comments:

janis said...

Being married to a "Clean & Prestine" person, I understand, however, life is too short, I have other things more important on my priority list, the housework, gets shoved down the list. I would love to twitch my nose & magically have it clean! Until then, I have a very "lived in & comfortable look".

Anonymous said...

Rich said:

Just got back from ski trip to Breceknridge with Ron and his family. Had a blast and got to bond and get Nicholas to the blue level runs in the rockies. He is a snow boarder and did fantastic.

Sergio was supposed to go but got caught up in work negotiations he could not get out of--- I understand but missed having him around as a ski buddy since everyone else was a beginner.

Keep these blogs going--- I am sure the blog title will change but we all love hearing about your life--- it does go beyond the Oldies-( God rest their souls ).

I have the dog for the weekend and I think every time she breathes she sheds a pound of hair. Small price to pay to have her company.

Are you doing the Koman run/walk on the 19th? Let me know---I will be there.

Hope you and Dan are doing well,


Rich (ie)