Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Grilled by the Carpet Cleaning People

Our carpeting is destroyed. I wish I could place the blame on the oldies but we've all participated.

I explained which areas I would like cleaned. I said there are many stains. She thought it might be fun to discuss how these stains came to be. (Yeah, I'm convinced this will change the approach to the carpet cleaning.) But, I'm game. I filled her in:
We have a big dog. She has not learned to wipe her feet properly.

We used to have oldies. Every fall involved some kind of blood stain. Sometimes we had double falls and the blood looked like a scene from The Shining.

The husband reaches for the remote or his glasses. A glass of red wine is often the casualty.

The path from the kitchen to the patio includes a trek through the living room. Meat drips happen, especially if you're carrying the tray after some wine.

We like to entertain. We don't freak out if something is spilled. Obviously, we don't do a super job of cleaning it up.

At the end of this discussion, she was very anxious to book my appointment and get off the phone. I was just getting started.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Sounds as if you are picking up The Belle's habit on the phone.
Love,
Mom

janis said...

Sandy is making me laugh! Sheri could become the Chatty Cathy to solicitors.