Saturday, April 19, 2008

Quakin'

We had an earthquake Friday. I was clueless until my phone started to ring and I turned on the news.

Indiana is known for snow storms and tornadoes. We don't deal with earthquakes often, although we are close to a fault line. This one took every one by surprise.

I thought maybe I could count on the dog to clue me in on aftershocks. Since she barks at air, this does not seem probable.

I'm quakin' for other reasons:
Is the oldies' paperwork ever going to diminish?
Can I take some of my knowledge gained through my conference and turn it into productive activity?
Is my judgment so askew that I have misread situations and friends?
What can I do (more/better) to help friends in rough times?
Will I ever feel up to speed regarding technology?
When the husband and I have different goals, will I find the compromise? Will he?

A minor earthquake doesn't rock my world. The daily questions make me shake, rattle and roll.

No comments: