Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's Not Just Tax Day

You know many things send icy shivers up my spine. Just a couple examples would be birds and any time the husband says (with a serious face,) "we need to talk." In both of these scenarios, I want to run like the wind.

Another one that makes the list is tax time. The husband is stable. As a writer, my income fluctuates wildly from year to year. Plus, I'm not the world's greatest keeper of records so it becomes a game show -- did we win, lose or draw? I have no idea why our accountant keeps us on as clients. I know I frustrate him to no end. I would've fired us years ago.

I'm unpacking and prioritizing my week. I flipped open my calendar and remembered: Today would have been the oldies 62nd wedding anniversary. They almost made it.

No comments: