Saturday, April 19, 2008

Out of the Blue

Some people have extremely good radar. You know the type. They anticipate and usually know what's going to happen next. They rarely ask a question that they don't already know the answer. I am married to one of these people and it is a skill I admire daily.

I am the opposite. I'm not stupid but I get the bejeezus shocked out of me on a regular basis. Lately, I seem to have lived my life on the planet of "Whoa! Didn't see that coming!"
Out of the blue, both oldies died. It shocked me to the core.
Out of the blue, new clients are emerging.
Out of the blue, childhood friends are reconnecting. (Never underestimate drunk dialing.)
Out of the blue, my blinders blew off and many issues are seen with new clarity.
Out of the blue, I've come out of the blues. My back yard is blooming. So am I.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you. It's time. I could tell in NYC that things were coming alive with you again.

Anonymous said...

I participated in the Susan Komen event this weekend with the Howe alumuni group. Speaking out of the blue--- got to see Kevin Friedly--- he gave me a huge hug--- Pam Fletcher-- Kelly Attabury-- Penny Etner, Darin Etner, etc.

Your comment on hearing from old friend hit home--- Kirk's daughter was there--- saw here from a distance but she sure looked like Amy.

Had a great time!!! We are getting old. Darrin is recovering from knee replacement and hobbled along. Ted Wadsworth now has 4 stents and just quit smoking-- had trouble just walking 3 miles.

I feel blessed I job and exercise! Made a big difference.

Going to walk/job the mini marathon on 5/3. Hope that keeps me from needing any health intervention for a while.

Glad you had a great time in NYC,

Rich