Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Trying to Talk Yourself Out of Trouble


This photo made me laugh. It is the photo version of my teenage years. The caption was something like, "No, we've been in the truck the whole time."

I've tried to worm my way out of things. Usually, unsuccessfully. It doesn't keep me from trying again.

Here's a few that come to my mind:

We didn't mean for the lights to be off.
We were studying all night; we just left for a second.
I don't know how my car got there... Maybe it was stolen.
I was home by curfew, you just didn't hear me come in.
Yes, some kids got in trouble last night. I don't know them.

My mother and most of the mothers in my childhood should have been in the military. Very few secrets got by them. They were their own version of Homeland Security. But we were a crafty bunch.

2 comments:

janis said...

This made me laugh too. Gave me some flashback memories. I am thinking...you,me,Deb,Kim,and Brenda M. The only thing missing would be the fire extinguisher! Moms & daughters..DON'T ASK!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, mom and dad already know about the fire extinquisher. . . . dad found it in the garage several years later and by then it was no big deal to spill it. I think that by today's standards the extinquisher is pretty mild. Kim

P.S. Don't ask about the eggs!