Monday, April 28, 2008

The Sandbox



I guess I was born attracted to sand.  My mother grew up in Florida.  I have lots of relatives in Florida and the south. My grandparents (Bobbie and Pa) had a sandbox in their back yard, built especially for me.  I shared it with my cousins but always considered it mine. This photo is my hunky dad and me on the beach.  I believe it's circa 1966.

Last week I had lunch with a very talented writer. I used to work with him in my corporate life. His grasp of opportunities and technology inspired me. It also made me want to throw my head in the sand.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite pictures. Too bad you couldn't make it bigger.
Love,
Mom

janis said...

I double clicked the photo to enlarge & see it better. Awe! No wonder it's a fav with Sandy! You are both adorable. I love that you have coordinating stripes. Also that you are sitting like such a little lady (still one of your favorite poses)and that you are giving you Dad your complete attention. Too Cute! Remind me next time I am over & I will show you how to get the pictures to size better.

cecily crossman said...

I was just playing cribbage and having a conversation about your dad.

love this picture.

Sheri Riley said...

Thanks to all of you helpful people, the photo has been enlarged.