Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Miserly Ways

I admire penny pinchers and people who can stretch a dollar. Although, it bugs me when they're cheap tippers. I hit both ends of the scale. Sometimes I spend money I shouldn't; other times I could compete for Cheapskate of the Year.

I rarely shop for clothing -- I own more than enough. I buy my cosmetics and hair products at the drug store.

The Belle would clip coupons and complain about the cost of certain items. Then she would go out and buy something unnecessary and obscenely expensive.

The husband and I recently took another trip to the dungeon to clean out Hangdog's things. Stuff with price tags. New shirts, ties, sport coats. Shoes and boots that had barely or never been worn. More leather gloves than any person could wear in a lifetime. We've only put a dent in the basement stuff.

We all have our indulgences. The Belle chose spoiling her man. The husband chooses golf. That includes club fees, golf trips and the endless pursuit of the perfect clubs. I do not want to guess how many sets he owns.

I'm not judging; I have my weaknesses too.

No comments: