Sunday, April 6, 2008

Just a moment; Just a night

The baby was home this weekend. He's a working machine so our time is pretty limited. But we had dinner. We watched television. I had brownies, ice cream and strawberries. (Don't faint; yes, I baked.) The dog romped around.

I will have this snapshot in my mind until the end of time.

I also do it with the daughter. Although she lives in Texas, when she is here, it feels natural and normal. I believe that could be called living in the past. (Sign me up.)

Many years ago, my parents tried to explain this to me and I didn't get it. They were so thrilled to see me when I breezed in from college and I was saying, "Hi, Hey, Love you but I've got to go!" They're still pretty nice to me when I breeze in.

The Belle's face used to light up every time the husband walked in the door.

No comments: