Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Jeans

I watched a makeover show recently and they insisted the participant get rid of her "Mom" jeans. They made her look dumpy. No one explained the term "Mom jeans."

My selection of jeans is far too elaborate. I have jeans in various sizes and various lengths, depending on the shoes I plan to wear. I have jeans I wore in college. They are my faves, holes and all. I try to only wear them around the house because they are not the most attractive item in my closet. However, slipping into them is like welcoming an old friend. They're soft and comfortable. They're molded to my body. They bring back great memories.

Several years ago, the husband and the baby bought me a pair of jeans for Christmas. They fit low on the hips and have a little flair at the bottom. I said, "I cannot wear these." They were right. I wear them all the time.

People who wear jeans to church, weddings, funerals or any formal occasion get on my nerves. The husband loves to comment, "Those must be their Good Jeans." I find it disrespectful.

On one of my many shopping trips with the oldies, we bought the Belle some jeans. At first she was hesitant but she went with the flow and grew to love them. Of course, she had to kick it up a notch with jewelry, scarves and a great jacket.

When I took her to the hospital the last time, she was wearing jeans. She was also well accessorized.

3 comments:

cecily crossman said...

I wear my jeans every day.

janis said...

My daughters made me pitch the Mom jeans years ago. I am grateful that higher waisted jeans are coming back.

I am with Cess, I wear jeans whenever I am not at work. Church welcomes me in them. I have never thought I needed to dress up for church. You get me as is.
I don't wear them to formal events though. Although my Uncle got married in jeans & I was one of the few not in jeans!

Anonymous said...

people at my husband's church would love for me to wear jeans..tied around my neck with one of the legs stuck in my mouth..they probably think it would keep me quiet. Such sweet people, but so sill to really think a pair of jeans could shut me up.