Saturday, August 23, 2008

Battle of the Sexes

When I travel, whether it's solo, with the husband or with girlfriends, I am in charge of certain things:
I pack my own clothes.
I make lists for any food or drinks we are responsible to bring. I run the errands.
If we're flying, I print out the e-tickets.
I make sure all prescriptions are filled and current.
I coordinate who will pick up the mail and the newspapers.
If we're taking the dog, I pack her bag.
I do laundry and go to the dry cleaners so all clothing options are available.
Depending on the trip, I have the names and phone numbers for the airline, rental car and anything else we might need.

Since I am a control freak, this works for me. One of my friends has to put her clothing out and then her husband packs for both of them. This would not work for me. If nothing else, I want my own suitcase.

The husband is traveling next week and I have:
Picked up prescriptions.
Picked up dry cleaning.
Ordered food for the meal he will prepare.
Grocery shopped for the other parts of the meal.
Bought paper plates, platters and napkins.
Started a pile of things he will need.


I still have two more errands to run for his trip. Last night, I pointed out how this seems a little out of balance. He responded, "It's not my fault you're the girl."

It's a lot easier to go play golf or catch up on paperwork when you have a control freak at home.

No comments: