Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wife of ...

I am a product of the women's movement. I like it that we have a vote. I tend to believe that women rule the world, albeit behind the scenes. It's an old saying and I'm paraphrasing but none of these men would've gotten where they are without a strong woman behind him. If I start to count them, I get dizzy.

I haven't marched on Washington. But I would.

We're all labeled with terms like daughter of ..., sister of ..., mother of .... etc. My personal favorite is "wife of." I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has said, "Oh, you're Dan's wife."

I enjoy being his wife. But, I like it a whole lot better when they call me by name.

2 comments:

janis said...

I love being "friend of Sheri"

Anonymous said...

try THE preacher's wife. But I have to admit sometimes I'm happy they dont know my name. I'm sure they have other names for me but Beth is not one.