Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Favorite Shopping

I do not care to shop. I find grocery shopping a huge pain and shopping for clothing is depressing. They make nothing for women my size or my age. Either I must settle for something designed for a teenager or a dowdy old woman. I am neither. Plus, I'm cheap so I refuse to pay astronomical prices.

I like to shop at Target. I can usually find everything I need and a few things I didn't know I needed.

When we go to Phoenix, I like to shop at Last Chance. I stock up on tanks and usually find some cute shoes. I own more coats than any human being should have but I always find great bargains in Phoenix.

My favorite shopping is the bookstore. I hoard my gift certificates and save them for a few trips each year. Just walking through the door, all my senses come alive. I love the sight of my favorite authors' names on a new release. I love the feel and smell of new books.

Then I bring all of my new friends home and prioritize them. I restocked yesterday and I've already chosen the ones I will take to the lake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite shopping is the bookstore, too. I could spend hours in there! Kylee

janis said...

Today I read a quote that made me think of you. I do not know who the author is:
A Small House
A Large Garden
A Few Good Friends
And Many Good Books

I immediately thought have that little house on the water and Sheri will say, "sign me up!".