Saturday, August 9, 2008

A Pasadena Dance

The husband's band played last night. It was a gorgeous night for an outdoor concert. Perfect weather and a big crowd. I could've stayed all night... well, actually I did.

In addition to dancing my feet off, I was dancing down memory lane. Many of my childhood friends and neighbors were there. The Pasadena gang was in full force. My sister coordinated this and she was there with her husband and her real parents. Her younger sister, who was a flower girl in my first wedding, was there with her husband. Another baby, who is now a grown man, was there and I dragged him on the dance floor. Then I lapsed into Oldieville and said, "I remember your dad sitting on our front porch and telling us you were born."

I had flashbacks. Rich and Kim were two of the neighborhood gang I used to run with. Last night, you would've thought we were 8-years old again. We may be in our 40s but the party hasn't stopped. They come by it honestly. Their parents rarely left the dance floor and I'm enthralled with Nick, who has a couple of decades on me, yet he has all the best moves.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

We are so sorry we missed the big dance and hearing the band. That Pasadena gang knows how to party.
Love,
Mom

janis said...

I am so jealous! If you had mentioned it prior to 6pm last night I would have been there! I am mad at you for not telling me. :(

Anonymous said...

It was a magical night! We loved the band and the music and the dancing and the company. It was GREAT! Patsy

Anonymous said...

We had so much fun on Friday night! No one could ask for better neighbors than the ones I grew up with on Pasadena. Each of them always put a smile on my face :) Patsy and Nick are my idols. 48 years of marriage and still laughing, loving, and busting the moves on the dance floor. Priceless!
It was really good to see you! Kylee