Monday, August 11, 2008

Luggage

I have no idea how we accumulated so many suitcases. There's an entire wall in my basement and a huge collection in my closet. I received some baby blue ones as a high school graduation gift but those are long gone. The husband has received some as a favor at a golf outing or a corporate event but it still doesn't explain our abundance.

We inherited some from the oldies. I guess we'll weed those out at some point.

Even the dog has her own suitcase. She received it from Cynthia as a Christmas gift. It's a big canvas duffel bag with her name on it. (She ate part of one corner but it's still functional.) She knows when I get it out that she's going to the lake or puppy camp. I made the mistake of packing her bag first and leaving it by the back door. She's standing guard over it like, "You're not leaving without me."

I tend to send donations to veteran's groups and womens' shelters. When I get to my Fall basement clean-up, there are some women and children who will benefit from some slightly used suitcases.

1 comment:

janis said...

I know what you mean. We have accumulated alot, mostly duffle bags. They are in good shape but I don't want them! I want cute bags! I have just one small cute bag, I would love to finish the set. My girls are the same way. they both would love fun luggage. There are so many out there now with polka dots and florals.