Friday, August 15, 2008

Moving

Some people love to move. They change houses or even cities on a whim. There's a purging of stuff and a fresh start that they enjoy.

I am not one of these people. I get ridiculously attached to trees and memories made within the bricks and mortar. My childhood home and neighborhood is still there and I like it that way.

My friend is moving and it's a mixed bag of feelings for her. It's a good decision but like me, she's clinging to the memories. I keep reminding her that she has the magic touch -- anywhere she lives will be a home filled with love.

And hopefully, lots of great memories in the making.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

I'm with you. I don't want to move.

janis said...

Thank you Sheri. I know it will be a good move. This house is were the girls grew up and it's full of memories. I realize I can take the memories with me. It is still bittersweet.