Thursday, August 14, 2008

Out of Butter

Our garage refrigerator went on the fritz. Something is always broken around here.

It's fixed now but there were a few casualties. I lost a pork roast and some beer. Since I don't drink beer, I don't care.

I also lost my last pound of butter, bought by the Belle. I haven't bought butter in over three years because she always bought more than I could use in a year with every shopping trip. Throwing it out made me sad -- like a last nod to my oldies.

When I return from the lake, I will have to grocery shop. I will have to buy butter. I will probably have a meltdown in the Dairy aisle.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still have their coffee in the freezer...I just cant throw it out. Love to yall

Anonymous said...

I think my sister still has our mother's coats in her closet. That is since Feb. 1988. Patsy

janis said...

Today, Sergio tried to pitch a sequin cap that Grandma Kitty wore. I snatched it from him and said "I WEAR THAT!". He looked at m,e like I was crazy. When I said it was Grandma's he apologized and put it back on the shelf. I do wear it around the house, when I am missing her. I think I will start wearing it more. I could never part with it.

Anonymous said...

I was out tonight talking to my next door neighbor Pat tonight and we were talking about plants (I know, I know nothing about plants) and she said that Tim, her husband, had cut down what he thought was weeds. It turned out to be the plants left from his grandfathers plant garden. Tim is in his fifties so that should tell you how old the plants are. Anyway, their son wanted some starts from the plants so hopefully the few he didn't cut can still be salvaged. Kim