Saturday, August 23, 2008

Big Daddy's Gone -- Let's Party!


In a moment of pure insanity, I decided to have a birthday party for my maniac dog. She has lots of friends, mostly fellow retrievers.

Her second birthday is Thursday. People don't really appreciate her because she is obnoxious but the other dogs seem to like her. She's a party animal.

When I first met her, she was the wild one in the litter. She hopped over her siblings and barked her little butt off. She has not changed. Some might have seen a maniac; I saw a kindred spirit.

For her party, we will have dog treats and people appetizers. If it doesn't rain, we will have a ball.

Last night, I explained this party to the husband. (Another Wild Bill moment -- I had the dates wrong.) I thought he was coming home on Friday. Wrong! He's coming home on Thursday.

So, I figure he has two choices:
He can go to the club or make himself scarce for a while, or
He can hang with the girls and watch 8 to 12 dogs frolic in our back yard.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Are you crazy or just bored?

Anonymous said...

You are still my wild and crazy Sheri. Party on! Hugs and kisses, the wet ones, to Gabster. Miss you, love Deb

janis said...

omg! I am assuming he chose the club? Maybe we can get him to control Riley...hahaha! See you Thursday!