Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pure of Heart

I know lots of good people. I believe most people are inherently good, although evil certainly exists too. I know a few people who are pure of heart. My parents fit this category although my mother has a mean streak.

Here's a pure-of-heart story: One of Houseboy's landscaping employees lost his mother in a tragic car accident last week. There were lots of details to attend to, not to mention that this man has been estranged from his family for quite some time. He mentioned to Houseboy that he needed to go to Goodwill to get something appropriate to wear. Not with Houseboy on the case! They finished their work and then went shopping: outfitted from head to toe, including having the pants altered. Houseboy footed the bill.

I'm occasionally pure of heart but I've got that mean streak too.

1 comment:

janis said...

D is wonderful! I can so see him doing this.