Thursday, August 7, 2008

It Never Hurts to Ask

At the Indiana State Fair today, I bargained my way through. My alma mater was giving away cloth bags. I got some for all of us and several for my mother's friends. I think I was making her nervous.

I bought some sunglasses but asked the guy to lower the price and throw in some extra cases. My aunt found this funny.

A young man walked by in an IU shirt that said, "Cheerleading." I asked him to do a flip. He did.

We went through the horse barn -- something I usually don't do, but it was fun. The horses were beautiful and my aunt who adores horses was in horse heaven. I wanted a picture so I asked the owner to move the horse. He did.

I talk to everyone... security people, vendors, police officers. I want what I want and the worst that can happen is they'll say no.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

Cloth bags for everybody? Excellent!

Wish I was at the fair with you and your mom. Did you have any french fried coke?

janis said...

I love that about you! You have such spunk.
Annie got Fried Cookie Dough at the fair on Wednesday. yuk...