Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Naked

2:00 AM to 4:00AM is a dangerous time. There's nothing on television except infomercials, bad reruns, and quacks giving advice. I don't sleep well and I'm a sucker so I watch them all.

The other night, the quack of the moment made some profound announcement about learning to love and accept yourself. It involved standing naked in front of a full-length mirror. I have some advice of my own: Don't Do It! If you decide to ignore this advice, don't do it at 3:00 AM.

I'm not a prude. I find the human body beautiful in many forms. I've been skinny-dipping (in the dark.) Michelangelo's "David" is one of my favorite works of art. I change clothes in front of other women without giving it a thought. Here's a shocker: The husband has seen me naked.

But now that I know what he sees, those days may be over.

3 comments:

janis said...

I have seen your naked butt. One could only hope to look as good as you!
I figured out my weight gain is 10% on top of last years weight! 10% of extra skin, fat & whatever the hell this is! Please. I can't even get into my fat pants now!

Anonymous said...

the naked thing doesnt bother me. I just want to know if I am the only woman who went up a shoe size when pregnant.Although I lost all the weight my foot remains 1 size larger.

Anonymous said...

Now that anonymous brought up the subject about shoe size I realize mine went up from seven to eight and a half after child birth. Three babies, three sizes. Hmmmmm? It might have something to do with the number of years I have been walking? Patsy