Friday, August 8, 2008

Wading through the Fog

To borrow a phrase from my Aunt Cess, I am an "out there" person. I come by it honestly. My mother has a shade of this and my dad's side of the family is filled with them. I'm not as "out there" as some of my cousins but I'm in the race.

Other relatives and friends seem to be wading through the fog. It makes me sad.

My cousin Scott sent me photos of his recent trip to Bolivia. My cousin John is still a baby in my mind and he's running a company. My cousin Sarah recently had her fourth child (four!) and is managing a business while her husband travels. My cousin Cathy just married on the beach and is running her own business.

The way I see it is this: You can choose the fog or you can choose to be "out there." My choice is obvious.

No comments: