Friday, May 23, 2008

Blatant Self Promotion

Abby Marmion and I travel to NYC any time the opportunity arises. We are writers and Manhattan is the hub of the publishing world. Our favorite weekend is the ASJA (American Society of Journalists and Authors) conference. We get to meet agents and editors. We learn some new technology. We meet other writers who have amazing talents. We nudge each other and say, "Why didn't I think of that?"

A couple of years ago, we met Rosemary O'Brien, an accomplished writer and fellow blogger. We were thrilled to see her again last month. Her writing world continues to evolve, as does ours.

Rosemary has a great website and a very interesting blog about being a military mom. She invited us to be guest bloggers on her site. Mine posted yesterday on www.rosemaryob.com. (In the upper right corner, click on blog.)
It's always an honor when people ask you to write for them, especially when it's a personal site. I hope you'll check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

S.--- this is for J.

Just read all your blogs and loved the homage to me-- back at you. We sure have lost touch.

Was distressed to see how much you have been separated physically and emotionally from your parents.

I have NO idea what happened but if you can repair this-- reach out and do so.

I think from time to time that now Mom and Dad hit 70---and in good health--- how much time do we have left together?

I hope 20 plus years but who knows.

I cannot imagine a world without them and am sad you and your parents have become isolated.

Hate the sin but love the sinner.

You need each other weather you belive this or not. Do not wait until it is too late.

Sorry to sound so preachy but I remember when your relationship was fantastic.

Hope I did not overstep,

R