Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rotting

Something is rotting here.

This is our latest adventure with this money pit of a house. It began two days ago. Every time I opened the refrigerator, water would squirt from the ice maker on the freezer side. I tried to ignore it, thinking it was a random ice cube or something. The next morning I was greeted by a puddle on the kitchen floor. I let the dog lick it up and then mopped the rest. I had to run out for a meeting so by the time I returned, it was not even on my radar screen.

This morning I returned from an early appointment and noticed a distinct odor. It's not the freezer on the fritz; it's the whole darn appliance. They can't get here until tomorrow to repair it so I will be tossing a bunch of rotting stuff. Yes, it smells pretty yummy in here. I suspect we will go out to dinner.

I'm sure this would not have gotten by the Belle. There are people who are in tune with their homes. I am not one of them. I want things to work the way they are supposed to and I don't want to have to think about it.

The bright side is that we're not loaded with butter, bacon and eggs. There's not much to worry about and if they fix it tomorrow, I'll start with a clean slate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One time we had a rotten stink but only at certain times. I cleaned everything in the fridge but it continued. Finally I pulled out the tray under the firdge and there it was. Something had drained into it but only smelled when the water from the freezer defroster ran into it and then the aroma bloomed. Yuk. Patsy