Wednesday, May 14, 2008

It's Mandatory

Like all of you, I've lost loved ones to accidents, disease, and plain ol' old age. It shocks and rocks you. It is the cycle of life but it never gets easier.

Here's what I've learned. The words, "I love you" are always welcome. I rarely end a conversation or an email to a friend without them. I say them to my parents, the daughter and the baby, and my friends every day, in every conversation. It's a genuine feeling and no matter what is going on, I want you to know that you take up a space in my heart.

It's a Sheri Rule. It's mandatory for me.

There are k'jillions of children who have never heard this phrase.

2 comments:

janis said...

I love you!...forever & ever.

Anonymous said...

How did I ever get so lucky to find you at a very difficult time in my life? I could not have gone to Walmart(you know they have everything) and found you. I will always love you, I suppose Big Daddy is part of the deal..but should he ever do anything stupid like let you get away--I will find you, lock him in the basement, take down the handicap rails,disconnect the hot water heater. I may leave one golf club-just to remind him what he is missing. This should be a constant reminder that I never get mad but I always get even when people hurt the ones I love. I do love you both very much. Thanks again for having my daughter for a visit. Remember, all families have good genes and bad genes, God knew what he was doing when he gave her the good ones and guess who got the left overs? Love to you BOTH!!! BGS