Saturday, May 24, 2008

To Market, To Market

I'm a small market person. I find zero appeal in shopping somewhere that I can buy corn and tires. It confuses me.

My neighborhood has great little shops. I can park my car and go to the bank, the drug store, the meat market, the little grocery and the dry cleaners. I can browse the jewelry store. I can grab a sandwich and hors d'oeuvres at the great deli and if I need to, I can restock our liquor cabinet in the corner store.

The oldies loved this area. They could wait for a prescription while browsing or eating.

The husband decided that we should grill Ahi tuna and shrimp tonight. I had to venture a little north of my normal clan of shops. Three miles north of my home is a great fish market where everything comes in fresh each day.

I couldn't buy a lawn mower or a treadmill in these shops. I did get some wonderfully fresh seafood.

1 comment:

cecily crossman said...

Enjoy your tuna. I'm sure it will be much better than mine.