Thursday, May 29, 2008

Little Projects

Little projects can be my undoing. I start and stop. I get distracted by things like clients who actually pay me or pesky errands. Why am I the only one who knows how to find a grocery store?

Before the oldies moved in with us, I used to keep my multiple boxes of photos in their room. In my mad dash to prepare for them living with us, I stashed them on a high shelf in my closet. I get on a ladder and drag them down but I have yet to sort and organize them.

I used to crochet baby blankets and donate them to shelters and hospitals. As a tightwad, I would find beautiful yarn on sale and snap it up. Now I have another corner of my closet filled with yarn waiting to become something. (I got a little distracted this winter with hospitals, nursing homes, the hospice and funeral travel.)

I want to learn to text message; I have no idea why. But, it's a looming project.

I need to update my iPod and clean off a bunch of the songs I don't like. I'm trying to upgrade and sync my laptop and my ancient home computer. I bite off little pieces each day but it's still looming.

Computer files need to be compressed, updated and deleted. I still don't understand my digital camera. There is some serious filing that is calling my name.

There are plenty of big projects that need my attention but it's the little ones that nag at me.

I'm working on yet another little project these days. I will get it done.

1 comment:

janis said...

I feel like you are preaching to the choir with this one. I am the queen of starting a project, and then getting involved with another, then another, then, well, my office, and closets have doors for a reason!