Thursday, May 1, 2008

Dressing for the Doc

I am compulsively on time for most meetings. Usually, I'm early. It shows a respect for the other person's time and it gives me time to freak out.

I had a doctor's appt. this morning and I was so early that I had time to kill. I try to do cosmetics and dress appropriately for clients and friends but I do not dress for my doctors. Dermatology is all about seeing your skin in its natural state. So, clean face and no make-up. I sat in my car and was cracking myself up remembering the many times I helped the Belle dress for various medical appointments. I was constantly griping, "Why are we doing this? You're just going to have to take all of this off." She made Hangdog wear a tie for a doctor's visit. I wear jeans or sweats.

I do not wear slips and girdles. I rarely wear pantyhose. I like some fun tights in the winter but that's about it. My docs know to expect me "as is."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about the torture garments we wore in the fifties makes me hurt. And a lot of times I did. Tody's style is much, much better.