Monday, May 5, 2008

Bursting!

The daughter is one of the smartest women I know. She has a spine of steel and a work ethic I aspire to. (I also aspire to have her looks but I think those days are bye bye.)

Here's what I admire most: She is not afraid of a challenge.

In high school, she was quite the social director. She began the same path in college until Big Daddy stepped in with some ultimatums.

I am not a big fan of standardized tests. But, it is funny how some people excel at them and others freeze. The baby seems to ace every standardized test. The daughter struggles and works extra hard. Yet, she pursues her goals and marches on.

We were so proud when she graduated from law school. We were so proud when she passed the Indiana Bar Exam (on the first try.) Then, she moved to Texas. Another Bar Exam loomed. This one covers things like oil and immigration laws -- things she didn't have to study in law school in Indiana.

We share some qualities and one of them is preparing people for the worst. She repeatedly told us that she probably did not pass.

Look out Texas! There's a new licensed attorney in town and she will kick butt.

When I heard the news, I burst into tears -- although I never doubted her for a minute.

1 comment:

janis said...

Kudos for Jennifer! How proud you must all be!