Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hard To Hear

Bad news is hard to hear. I'm not talking about catastrophic things, just the mundane day-to-day stuff -- everything from your checking account is low to flaws in your behavior. Criticism is difficult but I have gotten better with trying to learn the lesson. I have a lot of respect for people who summon the courage to deliver unsolicited but necessary advice.

I've been on the receiving end lately. I stew. I mull it over. I am human so sometimes I get angry and other times I cry. No one likes to have their faults listed or to hear negative things about their family. But, I respect the perspective and I recognize everything is seen in a prism, depending on what's going on in your life.

The Belle and my mother agreed on many things. One of them was that I tell people far too much about my life. That is true. I think the bigger fault is that I expect too much -- from myself and others. Someone is always going to be disappointed.

1 comment:

janis said...

Hey Little Ant! I will never be disappointed in you or anything you could do. I will be there tomorrow to help move Rubber Tree Plants!!