Sunday, May 25, 2008

Escaping

Memorial Day weekend ... time to relax and kick back.

In our city, today's focus is the Indianapolis 500 race. Lots of buzz. Lots of people. More eyes than ever are focused on our city since we were awarded the host of the Superbowl in 2012. I don't live close to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway but I live just close enough for the traffic to mess with me.

Sunday is usually my catch-up day: return emails, file papers, pay bills, etc. If I get really wacky, I deep condition my hair and paint my toenails. Middle-age maintenance is exhausting.

A running joke with the husband is that every day is a holiday for me. He finds it very funny. I'm slightly less entertained.

But, today he is correct. The pool is open. I'm headed over to cocktail corner. The water is calling and I'm escaping. The piles of paper and the bills will have to wait until tomorrow.

I can't wait to dive in.

2 comments:

janis said...

It is a beautiful day in Indianapolis. BUT you aren't really going to dive in are you? It's not that warm out. I am hoping you mean dive into the cocktail corner, a good book, or into a corner of sun!

Anonymous said...

Wear you snow suit. Patsy