Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cleaning Up

Do you ever read those magazine articles that encourage you to scatter rose petals in the effort to be romantic? (They tend to do this a lot in movies.) My immediate reaction is: Someone has to clean that up.

Over the years, I've tried to control my temper and my mouth. When hateful things are said, someone may clean it up but the stain remains.

As a child, I got myself in a pickle more than once. My parents always told me, "Clean it up."

I've cleaned up after the husband, the baby and the daughter. I've cleaned up after dogs. I've cleaned up after my own bad choices. I've spent many hours cleaning up after the oldies.

My current favorite tip is satin sheets, chocolate sauce, whipped cream, etc. I don't own satin sheets. If I did, I would not want them covered in chocolate and cream. Call me a fuddy duddy, but I figured out long ago who gets to clean up.

2 comments:

janis said...

You are so funny! We all know that Gabby would be happy to cleanup (eat it all up that is) after you! Just make sure the flower petals are edible. Maybe you could get the same effect with dog biscuits, just hid Big Daddy's glasses & he may think they are flowers!

Anonymous said...

Satin sheets are highly overrated. When we got married we got some for a wedding present. No matter how filed I kept my toenails they seemed to snag the satin sheets. Kim