Monday, June 30, 2008

Burying It and Digging it Up

Our maniac dog is obsessed with taking a bone or a treat and burying it. The backyard is her favorite but she also likes to hide things in a sofa or household plants. I have tried to explain to her that she is the only dog here and it's safe to leave it out. She's not buying it.

The husband thinks I adopted a dog with my personality. We do have some similar traits:

She's very vocal. She hates to hear "No."
She's affectionate. Probably more than necessary.
She loves music. Lying under the piano and playing her squeaky ball is big fun.
She's loyal.
She likes to bend the rules.

I'm also good at burying things. I bury them inside to fester. I convince myself that I have moved on. But sometimes someone will push me to the wall. I dig it up.

No comments: