Friday, June 13, 2008

Please Write it Down

I am never at a loss for a pen or pencil.  There are usually several living in my hair.  If you start to give me information that may prove important, I immediately write it down.People are catching on to me.  I selected the Father's Day menu and called the fish market.  As soon as I said, "Do you have a pen?." he said, "Hi Mrs. Roman."

Standing in line in the grocery while the cashier and the bagging person discuss their various sex lives is not my idea of a good time.  If they ask me, "Paper or plastic?" more than one time, I feel the need to write it down and send them a note.

I also like to ask people to repeat information back to me.  It doesn't matter if I'm ordering a pizza or scheduling a charity event.  You would not believe how many people get offended at this.  I figure I'm saving us all a bunch of time and money if we just get it right the first time.I went to pick up my order at the fish market.  The nice young man behind the counter asked me if I remembered what I ordered.  Voila!  My list.  His boss (who is younger than most of my towels) came out and said, "You must be Mrs. Roman."

Well, I'm one of them.  I'm the anal one.

No comments: