Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sloppy Drinkers

We all know them. It's the guy who'll slosh you with red wine when you're wearing a white linen blouse. It's the woman who will tell you every dirty detail of her sex life and then will be mortified the next day. It's the teenager who swears he or she has never touched a drop but spends an inordinate amount of time cleaning the car the next morning.

I am not passing judgement. Wild Bill taught me that drunk dialing is one of the most fun activities. I have done it. I usually call my mother and she is mortified. Like all activities, drunk dialing has some rules:

You must call someone you love. You must tell them over and over again that you love them.
You must call at a weird time. Waking them is preferable.
You must pass the phone around so they can talk to total strangers.

I don't do this any more. My mother is probably relieved.

But, I still live with a sloppy drinker. She wears a collar and embodies destruction on steroids. You won't find her with a glass of red wine but I highly recommend not wearing white or anything linen if you come to my house.

3 comments:

janis said...

Three reasons I find this so amusing today.
1. A young woman I know got extremely sloppy drunk @ the Rascal Flats concert & as she has always said to my daughter..."karma..". Maybe she will not pass harsh judgement so often now.
2. Ms Gabby is a horrible sloppy drinker, but worse is her sloppy eating, I always come home with a little something she has shared on my clothing.
3. I am quite sure I have also been on the end of a phone call or two from you after a few too many. Although you tell people how much you love them anyway, which I love about you!

Anonymous said...

I'm really bad about the drunk dialing. I only do it to the ones I truly care about. I've told my girlfriend, Jody, that the next time we're together she should take my phone away before she takes my keys. I know better with the keys. Kim

Anonymous said...

You can call me anytime!!! Love to yall