Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Will I Ever Learn?

I have been married to the husband for umpteen years. He is one of the most social men on the planet. We have always welcomed people into our home -- no invitation necessary. As long as I don't have to wait on you, come on in.

Between tromping around in the yard to assess storm damage and taking the dog for a walk through a fog of humidity, I felt pretty grungy yesterday evening. After I put dinner together (which I knew would shock the husband,) I took a shower. It was after 7pm so I opted for pjs and my ratty bathrobe.

Picture this: Dripping hair, scrubbed face and an ultra-cute outfit. The back door opens and the husband says, "Look who's here."

I tried to be nonchalant. (Like I always eat dinner in my bathrobe.) So I tossed the salad and served the pasta. Some women would've run to get appropriately dressed. I did not. I decided to go with the drowned rat look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I am definatley one of those who would have run crazed into the bedroom to change. :o) I admire your nonchalance and hospitality!

Anonymous said...

I love it! The day after the first storm hit on Friday night I was walking around the yard in my pj's. I told my neighbbor I was the hillbilly of the neighborhood and she just laughed! Kim