Monday, June 30, 2008

Groups and Memberships

I'm not a big joiner. I'm a tagging alonger. But it occurred to me recently, I belong to a lot of groups:

My church -- I don't go often enough. But I'm still a member of that group.

My parents -- The three of us are a group. We let other people in but we're a united circle all of our own.

My family -- Children grown and a husband with a busy life. We're still an entity.

My Aunts/Uncles/Cousins -- We have a relationship that transcends bloodlines.

My goldies -- We all have our own lives and different friends. When the three of us are together, we are a united team. (I was told this weekend that I am the leader. Huh?!)

My workout girls: We're a team whether we work out or not.

My childhood neighborhood: Friends, parents of friends ... lots of them form a group and I consider myself a member.

The Club: I gave up golf and since we lost the oldies, I rarely go there. But I have many friendships that originated there. As long as we are members, I will be part of Cocktail Corner.

I'm also a member of the "I don't want to be here" group. The older I get, the easier it is to walk away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a small group of friend-I am not good at being a "casual" friend. I once had a girl at work who told me,"If you were nicer you would have more friend" my reply to her was "I have all I want and you are not one". My time is limited and valuable so I refuse to waste it on people I dont care for. Besides, I have to nice on Sundays....do I get points for that? You,on the other hand, are nice to everyone..that's one of the reasons I love you. BS