Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sick of Rain; Sick of Storms

I sound like a petulant child. Especially when I realize that many parts of our state have been declared disaster areas. Many, many people are homeless due to these sweeping storms. Many others will spend countless hours and countless dollars cleaning up water damage.

Yet, I lost a major tree yesterday that is now plopped across my circular drive. With every storm, I lose electricity and/or cable for a while. My yard is a muddy mess, with limbs everywhere.

I woke this morning to another torrential rain. Every county is under a flood warning. It's supposed to be sunny for the rest of the day. I hope so; otherwise, I might just go back to bed.

As I write this, I hear a chainsaw. Houseboy must be out there dismembering my fallen tree. I wonder if this is the day I can convince him to loan me the chainsaw.

1 comment:

cecily crossman said...

I understand exactly how you feel.

Stay away from the chain saw.