Sunday, June 1, 2008

Stormy Weather & Addictions

Stormy, scary weather swept through my city Friday night. I was downtown, enjoying the husband's band in an outdoor venue. I drove home through the storm, watching tree limbs fall and cars hydroplane around me. It was only 6 miles or so but it was frightening.

Our power was on but evidently had been hit during the storm. I ran around resetting clocks because I'm obsessed with knowing the time.

Saturday morning brought calm and clear weather. Unlike lots of people, we had electricity. We did not have cable. I get a little sweaty with the loss of my favorite companion, the television, but I get downright cranky when I can't get on the computer. My cable company is my Internet service provider. Panic attack is the kindest way I can describe it. Manic might be a better word.

I'm the first to admit that I have an addictive personality. Some good; some bad. During my meltdown, I realized that I would rather have my car break down, my telephone service disrupted and my iPod malfunction. Anything other than the inability to get online.

1 comment:

cecily crossman said...

I'm with you. Can't handle not being on line.