Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A Good Week

Everyone likes something to look forward to. As a teenager, it drove Jan crazy that I would leave new items of clothing hanging in my closet with the tags on them. The anticipation was fun for me. Now she has a daughter who does the same thing.

Today I had lunch with my parents (and miraculously escaped without my ankles being attacked.) I have been looking forward to it for days and the anticipation was worth it. My mother always teases that I've forgotten the route to their home. I left a trail of breadcrumbs but I found it.

In less than 48 hours, I will head to the airport and pick up Deb. Then the goldies will hole up, talk, sing, laugh and cry until we're practically hoarse. We're going for pedicures. We'll watch movies and listen to music. Of course, we will do our questions. Deb bought a new box for the question slips. Are we weird or what?

It's my birthday week and I have been showered with cards and fun wishes. All in all, more good stuff than bad. That makes for a very fine week.

1 comment:

janis said...

The tag thing does drive me crazy, it's just...WRONG! Wear the damn things!
I don't recall being so excited about Deb's upcoming arrival. Is it because we missed the fall date? Or am I just needing her to be here close to us more than ever? It has been a tough year, having her here is just going to be wonderful! Or is it that we are getting old and this is just about the most exciting thing for us? Either way, I love you both, and it will be fabulous to have us together.
I can not wait for the singing of REO & Lynryd Skynryd. The eating & drinking. The serious and the hilarious of the questions & answers.
They say you are Blessed to have found one great friend in a lifetime. This is the one Triple Blessing that has withstood it all and grown stronger through it all.
I am "giddy" with excitment! Let the weekend begin!