Saturday, October 4, 2008

Do You Know Who Has Photos of You?

This blog has been a learning experience for me.
I've reconnected with friends.
It allows me to write every day.
I get feedback and I love the good and the bad. I also know who the wimps are that send me an email instead of posting a comment.
Once I started posting a few photos, it became an obsession. I've ripped up tons of albums and I've only just begun. I have boxes and boxes. I love this information age.

Here's a terrifying thought: People let me know that they have photos of my youth and college days. Bad hair days. Cigarette in hand. Me draping myself over other people.

Employers now routinely search Google and MySpace. Jobs have been lost and careers sunk due to some bad choices.

My little blog is not likely to wreck anyone's career. But, I am extremely careful to ask permission before I post a photo. I also try to let someone know if I've floated one out there. I've never had anyone ask me to remove a photo.

My mother used to tell me that a lady does not allow herself to be photographed with a drink or a cigarette in her hand. Ooops!

But, I can say with confidence that no one has photos of me nude. No one has photos of me doing anything illegal.

Sometimes boring pays off.

2 comments:

janis said...

hmmm. Are you really really sure about that? There may be a photo or two around that you have forgotten about or didn't know of.
I PROMISE not to ever expose anything incriminating :) I love you!

Anonymous said...

I had the E channel on for a while the other day and what did I see but Pam Anderson, naked as the day she was born greeting Hef for some celbration. They blurred out pertinent parts but WHAT was that about. I do not believe Sandy would think that Pam Anderson is a lady. Neither do I. Patsy