Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Editor

In another attempt at blatant self-promotion, I will share that I have been invited to join the blog staff of our local newspaper. (www.indystar.com/intouch)

When I was in journalism school, editing was a dose of empowerment and a dose of fear. I could glide through the day on a compliment of a well composed sentence. I could put my head in the pillowcase over a typo.

I love having an editor. I'm trying not to drive her crazy. I will learn when to make my case and when to shut my mouth. She will learn when to ignore me.

As they said in Casablanca, "This is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

I've had teachers, editors, bosses and more. My favorite editor is the one I call and say, "Hi Mom. What do you think?"

4 comments:

janis said...

Funny... you're my favorite editor! What would I do without you!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I may have to restart my Sunday subscription. Patsy

Anonymous said...

You will do a great job-now I have two"must reads" every day--I added the site to my favorites..right under your blog. It's wonderful having a famous writer in the family. I always wanted Kelly to be a writer,instead she has chosen to be the LEAD actress in your first movie script that will no doubt be a Hollywood blockbuster. Please write fast, she needs a job. Love to yall.

cecily crossman said...

Exciting!