Friday, October 3, 2008

Bye Bye Love



At one point in my life, one of my aunts lived with us and the other lived down the street with her husband and two children. My great aunt and her husband lived a few houses away and her daughters were my idols. Needless to say, our lives were intermixed.

The young man in this photo is my cousin. Even though we live in the same town, I haven't seen or spoken to him in years.

I've given up. I could float a boat on the tears I've shed.

But we sure had fun as kids.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at those knees.

h.b.

Anonymous said...

Forget those knees, I remember the cousins down the stret and the aunts a few doors down. We were a few years younger than than the cousins but we sure had fun. I also remember your cousin Cindy (?) at the corner. We always fought with Angel and you and I. We always made it through. Love ya, Kim

Anonymous said...

I believe you are speaking about Scott-- who I "stole" his softball when I was just a kid.

Sorry if that is true and he will not stay in touch.

I remember he had a little redhead brother but cannot remember his name. I do remember the parents Don and Judy but have not seen them in years--- hope they all are doing well.

Great post about Lynn--- I will try to make the Sunday gathering but feel I will be crashing a oldies get along.

janis said...

I remember Scott and his chubby red headed brother too. I remember we Babysat them once or twice too. I am sorry you have lost the closeness, that happens as lives chose different paths. I am glad he isn't dead. Sorry I misunderstood & glad you cleared it up for me!