Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Girl

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside I've got the month of May.
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).

I've got so much honey the bees envy me.
I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees.
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).

I don't need no money, fortune, or fame.
I've got all the riches baby one man can claim.
I guess you'd say
What can make me feel this way?
My girl (my girl, my girl)
Talkin' 'bout my girl (my girl).

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
with my girl.
I've even got the month of May
with my girl.


This is an old Temptations song that we all know. I'm sure it's meant to be a love song between a man and a woman but I'm dedicating it to my girl.

She's the one who has a separate ring tone for me. She's the one who answers my phone calls in the middle of the night. She's the one that I can say "to the grave" and she knows I am serious. She's the one that can make fun of my middle-aged pooch and still make me laugh.

She's the one that's allowed to open my mail.

We both have bad days and this has not been a great year for either of us. In the midst, we've swapped some clothes, swapped some stories and laughed. just like old times.

I called her this morning and said, "I have to tell you something horrible I did." Without missing a beat, she said, "Tell me. It's to the grave."

I'm still standing on her shoulders.

1 comment:

janis said...

You crack me up. How can you make me laugh & cry at the same time?
I will always be here ready to hold you up (promise not to ever let you fall!)
It was not something terrible. It is exactly how I would have handled it.
I love you forever, to the grave Baby! To the grave!