Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Horoscopes

I don't believe in horoscopes any more than I believe in Nostradamus' ability to predict the future. Yet, I read them and I often go "Whoa!" I also read the husband's.

Today my horoscope was:
You can mourn over recent losses, but you're starting to realize that there is too much living to do and you simply don't have the time.

This was jarring to me on several levels. First of all, I've been enjoying quite the pity party for myself. Then, I will admit to some startling opportunities in my mix. They may pan out-- they may not, but they are there for the plucking.

Time is something we all juggle.

I'll stick with prayer and some hard work. But, I'll still glimpse at my horoscope.

3 comments:

janis said...

Yeah, stick with the prayers and hard work. I haven't read a horoscope in more than twenty years. I don't even know what Sergio, Emily or Anni's horoscope would be!

Anonymous said...

Prayer will always gives you the answers you need...maybe not what you want. I do find it interesting that people do tend to have traits of their astrological signs. I was very happy to find out that my daughter would be a Pisces. They are very loving and kind. Problem was is I am a Sagittatius. She is a water sign and I am a fire sign.....nuff said.

Unknown said...

The horoscope serves as a stylized map of the heavens over a specific location at a particular moment in time. In most applications the perspective is geocentric (heliocentric astrology being one exception). The positions of the actual planets (including Sun and Moon) are placed in the chart, along with those of purely calculated factors such as the lunar nodes, the house cusps including the midheaven and the ascendant, zodiac signs, fixed stars and the lots.
---------------
tanyahalette
viral marketing