Thursday, October 9, 2008

Everyone should have a teddy bear


My grandparents are gone and I miss them. I like to write about crazy grandma and Wild Bill because they have certainly provided the best stories. Bobbie (my name for her) showed us love and nurtured us all. Her husband, my Pa, took care of us also. I like to think that my creativity is a little gift from him. He could take a fallen tree branch and turn it into a Christmas tree. He was magical.

Years ago, probably at Thanksgiving, the family was discussing Christmas. Pa mentioned that he had never had a teddy bear. That year, he got one.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I have lived this life without wanting for much. (Okay, nothing!)

Never underestimate stuffed animals. I have a floppy llama that Pa gave me when I was a child. Occasionally, I sleep with it. I look at it and get flooded with memories.

2 comments:

cecily crossman said...

Remember that one of the five life goals Randy Pausch (Last Lecture) had was to win stuffed animals at the fair.

Sandy said...

I love this picture. He had a wonderful spirit. I miss him!